This week’s LGBTQ Communities is up online and our guest is gay legal eagle Arthur S. Leonard, Professor at New York Law School, who provides expert analysis of the arguments at the Supreme Court on Tuesday of the three landmark LGBT cases. Enlightening commentary. Also in the news:
- More than a hundred are arrested outside the court in a civil disobedience action.
- Trump halts visas for same-sex partners of diplomats and UN employees who don’t marry.
- A federal judge strikes down Tampa’s ban on conversion therapy.
- Elisha Stanley, shot to death in Pittsburgh, is the 19th known trans person murdered this year in the US.
- The 40th anniversary of the first March on Washington for Lesbian and Gay Rights will be marked in NY on Oct. 17.
NOTE: The CDC says that three major sexually transmitted infections are at an all-time high in the US.